Period: Initial launch – January 20th, 2014
Home page redesign – December 16th, 2019
Client: Tarpley RV
Subject: Custom website hosted by Locomotive
In 2014, Tarpley RV already had an outdated website with no way to publish inventory online and compete with the digital world. They approached 360Durango needing to be able to sell units online, on a new website that could compete with the times. After the initial launch of the website on January 20th, 2014, we have only made two major revisions, including redesigning the homepage on December 16th, 2019.
Our Task Was
360Durango’s task was to give the client a system to publish their entire inventory online, and be able to do it themselves with little to no oversight. Their original website was lacking vital information and only had 5 pages and no way to manage an online inventory.
The process to bring Tarpley RV into the online world was extensive. With no interior marketing program whatsoever and no email program, we were starting from scratch.
- Set up Gsuite
- Created and email newsletter platform
- Gave the client the ability to receive credit cards over the internet and charge deposits for units
- Optimized new custom website for SEO
- Taught client how to make edits, how to write copy for SEO standards, and how to optimize photography
- Provided training manuals for how to manage 100% of new website
Websites can fundamentally change a business. In the case of Tarpley RV, as a dealership, 360Durango was able to completely change the role of the on-floor salesperson. No longer were clients coming in blind – they now came in having already looked at the website and were able to provide specific models that they were ready to purchase. This made the salespersons process to sell units dramatically streamlined.
- Made sales dramatically more efficient
- 95% of website edits are done by the client themselves
- Launched the dealership into the online world with full product inventory
This website has stood the test of time for over 6 years, with little changes necessary. As it stands now, Tarpley RV will likely be able to use this same website for the next 4 years. 360Durango was able to provide this client a way to compete with online dealerships as well as the ability to edit their site to their specifications whenever they would like to.