Period: March 2nd, 2020
Client: Vallecito Chamber of Commerce
Subject: Custom WordPress Website
The Tour of Carvings is an interactive journey through the Vallecito Lake Community. The Vallecito Lake Chamber of Commerce desired to have a website fitted for mobile phones to allow visitors to visit each carving situated around the lake, and learn more about the Missionary Ridge fire of 2002, to which the carvings are dedicated.
360Durango developed a website that functioned perfectly for desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets so that everyone can participate in the mobile tour. A major challenge was ensuring the accuracy of every coordinate and making sure the site was easily navigable for every audience.
This project had many complex and dynamic levels to bring it to where it stands today.
- Research different themes and integrations for a mobile tour
- Optimizing photos of the tours and gathering precise GPS coordinates
- Developing website for multiple platforms
- Making the tour easy to navigate
- Ensuring content was engaging, easy to understand, and left people with an enjoyable tour around Vallecito Lake
- Integrate softwares to be able to collect donations for a 501(c)(3)
The goal was accomplished. A fully responsive and visually appealing website is now available for tourists and locals alike to enjoy the sites around Vallecito Lake, and fully interact and understand the Tour of Carvings.
This project is a unique experience for any web development team – creating a website that functions simultaneously as a mobile tour. Multiple integrations between Google Maps, Shopify, and WordPress had to occur to make this site and experience possible.