If you are looking to use photography in order to display what services your business has to offer, you’ll want to keep in mind a few things before getting started. Photography can be one of the best ways to market your business– after all, a picture is worth a thousand words. Check out the Top 5 Things you Need to Know About Photography & Videography when it comes to implementing them into your marketing plan you have for your business.
1. Define Your Target Audience
Who is your target audience for your business? What are their interests? What areas do they live in? What age groups are they? Before you do any kind of marketing for your business be sure to develop your brand voice and your target audience to gain a better understanding of what group or groups of individuals you are gearing towards.
2. Upload Images & Videos to Your Website
Having professional grade photography and videography to your website can be an excellent way to drive traffic and therefore clients to your business. However, there are a few things you should consider when uploading visuals to your website.
- Choose proper keywords when naming your images that are SEO friendly. Be sure to use these keywords throughout the content of your page that you upload the photo to!
- Compress your images. Google likes pages that load quickly, so be sure to upload images that are low file sizes in order to increase loading speeds.
- Add links to your images so your audience can click on them to learn more about the message you are sending!
3. Use Social Media Platforms
Social media, especially Instagram, can be an excellent way to display your photography you have created for your business. Be sure to always include links that drive people back to your website or other places where you store the majority of your business’s content.
You don’t have to be a professional photographer in order to have beautiful imagery displayed on your website or social media platforms. If you know that photography & videography aren’t your strong suites, then consider outsourcing to a professional in your local area that can help you out with this.
5. Create your own Videos
Don’t be afraid to get in front of the camera! The person that has the most knowledge about your business is you. Don’t be too shy to stand up and talk about it. Informative videography can be an excellent way to market the services that your business offers in your local area. Be sure to share this video content on your website, social media or your email newsletter.